Gum disease is a condition caused by bacteria which results in the destruction of the bone and gum attachment around a tooth.
What are the Signs of Gum Disease?
- Bleeding gums
- Red, puffy or tender gums
- Ongoing bad breath
It is important to realise that Gum Disease may also have no symptoms at all. That’s why it is important to visit the dentist at least once a year for a full examination.
What you can do to reduce the risk of heart disease?
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce total caloric intake to a level appropriate for your level of activity
- Eat a diet high in fibre & low in saturated fats & cholesterol. Most of us could eat more fresh fruit & vegetables
- Reduce salt & sugar in your diet
- Quit smoking (Quit-line is 13 QUIT)
- Maintain a high level of oral hygiene including brushing teeth twice daily, flossing once a day & a regular visit to the dentist.
Healthy teeth and gums are an important part of your overall health & wellbeing.
Keep your Gums Strong and Healthy at Alex Bractic Dental Care
Alex Bratic Dental Care is conveniently located on City Road at Beenleigh. We are close to transport and our onsite parking is free and very easy to access.
For all Health Fund Members our HICAPS facility enables payments to be processed at the time of the appointment, which means members, are only required to pay the difference between the charged fee & the Health Fund Rebate (gap fee).
Contact us on (07) 3287 2627 or simply book your appointment online.