At Alex Bratic Dental Care, we strive to provide solutions that are real and reliable because your health and satisfaction is one of our topmost priorities. Also, we welcome any questions about our procedures and even policies.
Thus, if you have questions about the use of dental crowns and when they are called for, your Beenleigh dentist will give you the answers you need.
5 Uses of Dental Crowns
There are generally five reasons for using dental crowns.
- Extensive damage or decay – if the teeth have a lot of decay or have been damaged in a major way, dental crowns are a good solution. Teeth with multiple fillings or with fillings larger than the remaining tooth are also good candidates for crowns.If additional repairs can weaken the tooth resulting in more serious problems in the future, it is likely a suitable situation for the installation of dental crowns.
- Root canal therapy – when the canal of the tooth is treated its roots lose the source of nutrients and life, which causes the tooth to become brittle and more susceptible to breakage than the original, healthy tooth. The dental crown protects the root canal treated tooth by capping it with a strong, singular crown replacement.
The crown, which seals the root canal and distributes chewing forces evenly, is not at risk of any decay and has lower chances of being fractured. Thus, the majority of root canal treatments are completed with a well-chosen dental crown in order to have trouble-free teeth for a long time.
- Dental Implants – like dental crowns, dental implants are tooth replacements designed to fill the gaps in your teeth, replacing the root of the tooth. To complete the procedure of dental implants and the tooth reconstruction your dentist will install a dental crown.
- Abutments for Dentures of Bridges – partial dentures and bridges both require sturdy anchor teeth to which the false tooth pieces can be secured. If your teeth are not suited for the procedure or a special appliance is needed to hold the denture or bridge securely, a dental crown is required for the process.
- Aesthetic improvement – in some cases, a patient may need dental crowns for aesthetic purposes. Dental crowns can strengthen and improve the appearance of your teeth as well as prevent decay. In addition, if a patient grinds their teeth a robust dental crown may be advisable.
High-quality and Long-lasting Dental Crown Treatment at Alex Bratic Dental Care
Here at Alex Bratic Dental Care, we use the latest technology when it comes to tooth repairs and aesthetic enhancements. We make sure that you get the finest and long-lasting treatment possible. If you are in need of tooth replacement, consult your Beenleigh dentist today Alex Bratic Dental Care, and we’ll determine if you need dental crowns.
Alex Bratic Dental Care is conveniently located in City Road at Beenleigh. We are close to transport and our onsite parking is free and very easy to access.
Contact us on (07) 3287 2627 or simply book your appointment online.