With the New Year upon us, you may have already begun to think about your New Year’s resolutions.
Last year, to help you out, Alex Bratic Dental Care suggested some dental resolutions that you could follow to improve your dental and overall health.
But this year we are thinking about our own resolutions – what Alex Bratic Dental Care resolves to do to help you!
Perhaps most important, Alex Bratic Dental Care resolves to follow a dental code of conduct set forth by the Dental Board of Australia, which says, in part:
This code seeks to assist and support registered health practitioners to deliver effective regulated health services within an ethical framework.
Practitioners have a duty to make the care of patients or clients their first concern and to practise safely and effectively. Maintaining a high level of professional competence and conduct is essential for proper care.
The code contains important standards for practitioner behaviour in relation to:
- providing good care, including shared decision-making
- working with patients or clients
- working with other practitioners
- working within the healthcare system
- minimising risk
- maintaining professional performance
- professional behaviour and ethical conduct
- ensuring practitioner health
- teaching, supervising and assessing, and
Specifically, we resolve to:
- Treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Respect your right to privacy as it relates to dental health and dental care program.
- Share with you all information about your dental diagnosis, treatment, alternatives, associated risks, and the expected cost, so that you are empowered to make informed choices.
- Ensure confidential treatment of your dental and financial records and refuse their release, except when required by law.
- Give you the opportunity to participate in decisions involving your dental care.
- Give you to opportunity to express grievances or make suggestions by sharing them with our staff.
- Respect your schedule. We are committed to offering our patients appointments that fit with their busy schedules. We don’t want you to miss work or important responsibilities for dental care. For this reason, we offer limited evening hours. If your next appointment is not scheduled at a time that is convenient for you, let us know, and we will do our best to get you in at a time that works with your schedule.
- Respect your concerns. At Alex Bratic Dental Care we know that many people have anxiety or fear about dentistry. We promise to do our best to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible by listening to your concerns and adapting to accommodate and alleviate them. Never hesitate to inform us how we can put you more at ease!
- We resolve to serve our patients with excellence, care, and value, giving top-notch dental services with an understanding that our patients are individuals with specific needs which we must strive to accomodate.
- We resolve to provide dental services and products with professional quality that meet the standards of the Australian Dental Association and other agencies that govern the dental profession.
- We resolve that our office will be a place of safety, comfort, and peace of mind.
- We resolve to respond to your suggestions and concerns quickly and in a way that addresses any issues you might have.
- We resolve to treat everyone fairly – Alex Bratic Dental Care is happy to treat all patients fairly, regardless of age, race, creed, religion, socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or current health conditions.
What can you do as we partner in 2019?
As we’ve already noted, last year had some suggestions for your resolutions, and those suggestions are still good. Here’s a quick look at what we recommended (and you can see them in their entirety here):
- Regular Dental Visits. This year you should visit us at Alex Bratic Dental Care at least twice a year.
- Your Toothbrush and Flossing Routine. One of the simplest ways to improve oral health is to improve your oral hygiene habits– particularly your tooth brushing and flossing routine.
- Quit Smoking Or Using Tobacco. Smoking increases the risk of all kinds of dental issues including stained teeth, receding gums, gum disease, cancer, cavities, and much more. Even smokeless tobacco or other tobacco products put your teeth, mouth, and general health at risk.
- Cut Back on Sugar. Besides causing weight gain and many other health problems, sugar can lead to tooth decay, cavities, and expensive treatment.
- Other “Good” Resolutions. Make other resolutions that work hand in hand with your dental ones such as losing weight or exercising.
Comfort, Convenience, and Excellent Care at Alex Bratic Dental Care
Alex Bratic Dental Care in Beenleigh delivers the very best in dental services to patients of all ages. If you, your child, or a family member needs a smile fix or just a checkup, we’re here for you!
Alex Bratic Dental Care is located on City Road near the Pacific Motorway near Beenleigh Station, with convenient public transport nearby and free onsite parking.
Our Promotions Include: FREE Consultation for Invisalign
Call (07) 3287 2627 or visit us at 113 City Road in Beenleigh.